Jackson, widely regarded as the King of Pop by his die-hard fans, was one of the most significant figures of the 20th century. In 2009, while preparing for his comeback “This Is It” tour, the 50-year-old was found dead from an overdose of the drugs propofol and benzodiazepine administered by his personal physician – Dr Conrad Murray. Today, Jackson’s former publicist announced a new foundation in the late singer’s name.
Raymone Bain, who stood by him throughout his chi**ld s***x ab***use tri**al, will made the declaration in conjunction with a mandate made by Jackson in 2006 – a year after he was charged.
The statement came just two month’s after Quest Red premiered their “Ki**lling Michael Jackson” documentary, which laid bare previously unknown facts about the singer.
Among those featured was one of the officers who worked closely on the case – Detective Scott Smith – who revealed to viewers the most surprising thing he noticed about Jackson’s corpse.
He said: “When I showed up to go into the autopsy, you know, they had a little cover over the window and they were looking to make sure it was just me, then they usher me in right away, closed the door and locked it.
“Everything had been cleared out of there, I remember it being close to five hours long, it was extraordinarily long.
“The thing that was odd, that I found myself periodically looking at was his head, his scalp.
“Whenever he was out in public he was wearing a wig.”
In 1984, Jackson was badly burned while filming a commercial for Pepsi.
During a simulated concert before a full house of fans, pyrotechnics accidentally set Jackson’s hair on fire, causing second-degree burns to his scalp.
Jackson underwent treatment to hide the scars and had his third rhinoplasty surgery shortly thereafter
Pepsi settled out of court, and Jackson donated the $1.5million (£1.2million) settlement to the Brotman Medical Center in Culver City, California.
However, Mr Smith detailed the shocking extent of the injuries that Jackson had hidden for so many years.
He added: “Looking at his scalp, and the top of his head being severely scarred.
“He had hardly any hair at all on the sides [compared] to what he would look like in public with the flowing hair – that was a bit different.
“I’m not defending his use of prescription medicine by any means, but he experienced something like that and it opens up the door for painkillers and whatever else that may lead to.
“But other than that, it [was] just ‘let’s do this and get it done.’”
Diuring the same series, Dr Smith also made a shocking admission about the case.
He said: “Ultimately with the toxicology report you had [facts] over here and Dr Murray’s statement over here.
“It just wasn’t jiving.
“There was just no way that what he said was factual to what they found out.
“He had enough propofol in him to drop a rhinoceros.”
Steve Shafer, Professor of Anaesthesiology at Stanford University, also took part in the documentary and claimed Murray incorrectly administered the drug.
He explained: “Basically, Murray was using the saline bag to hang the bottle of propofol from the stand and also, I think, to hide it because he didn’t want anybody to know he was using Propofol.”